New look for PCC (and PCC's Web site)
by Susan Dumett
This article was originally published in April 2003
(April 2003) — Spring is approaching and with it the practice of cleaning and sprucing things up. That’s true at PCC, too. Over the next month or so, you’ll see some definite changes at our stores. To better unify our seven locations and create a cohesive umbrella for all the programs we promote, we’ve created a fresh, clean look for our stores and printed materials.
At the center of this new campaign is a cheerful leaf logo (shown to the right) and a new tagline — “A world full of delicious opportunities.” Our goal is to make our stores, our staff and the delicious natural and organic foods we offer more accessible to customers through more inviting, descriptive promotions and signage at each PCC location.
“With preparations for our new Fremont store (opening in June), the remodel in West Seattle, and awnings needed at Seward Park, it made sense financially to integrate simultaneously a new identity and make all the stores consistent,” says Laurie Lombard, PCC Director of Marketing.
The improvements also are just in time for PCC’s anniversary. This summer PCC will celebrate 50 years of community ownership and operation in Seattle and the Eastside. Says Lombard, “Marking this important milestone with a fresh, engaging look and cohesive messaging sets us on a positive course for the next fifty years.”
New look for PCC’s Web site
Later this month, PCC will launch a new and improved Web site. It will feature some noted improvements, including a clean design, beautiful graphics, easy-to-navigate sections and more information on PCC’s natural and organic offerings.
The new site is better organized and more accessible, plus we’ve added some great new content. Here are some helpful tips to help you get around:
- Our drop-down menus with clearly named sections will make it easier for you to find the information you need.
- Under the heading “Products,” for example, you’ll find detailed information about vendors, new products, what’s on sale and what’s in season.
- You’ll find details on events we sponsor and volunteer opportunities under “Community,” and under “Resources,” you’ll find information on FoodWorks classes, the Sound Consumer, the PCC Farmland Fund, our recipe database, and Healthnotes, a comprehensive health and nutrition resource.
- There’s a new section, “Issues & Actions,” where you’ll find action alerts on food issues and links to resources.
- We’ve also added a “Contact Us” link in the footer at the bottom of every page to accommodate customer requests.
Contact our Web team with questions at email@example.com