Popcorn that pops
This article was originally published in October 2011
The merry pop-pop-pop of exploding kernels lends an extra layer of coziness to chilly evenings. Warm butter and salt is the traditional, perfect pair, but sweet and savory options abound that can make each hot and crispy batch even tastier than the last.
Toppings to try
- Melted coconut oil and sea salt
- Lemon pepper (find it in our bulk spice section)
- Nutritional yeast (find it in our bulk section)
- Your favorite hot sauce (add a few splashes to melted butter or into the pot if you pop your corn on the stove-top)
- Extra virgin olive oil, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic salt and oregano
- Curry powder, turmeric, ground ginger and cayenne
- Butter and Pecorino Romano cheese
- Salt and black pepper
- Eden Organics seaweed gomasio
- Crumbled bacon (especially good with Maple-glazed Popcorn)
Stock up in our stores
Bulk organic popcorn — Buy as much or as little as you need from our bulk bins.
Microwave popcorn — From Newman’s Own in Light Butter, Butter and Plain.
Bagged popcorn — Yaya’s Natural Popcorn (Salt, White Cheddar, and Herb and Garden Vegetable), Gold Rush Organic Popcorn (Kettle Corn and Sea Salt) and Little Bear Foods (50% Less Oil).