- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk, chilled
- 11 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 vanilla bean, seeds removed
- 8 ounces unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 5 tablespoons coconut fat (from a can of coconut milk)
- 5 tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons prepared espresso
- 4 tablespoons sweet Marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 cup shaved dark chocolate
Preheat oven to 250° F.
Place coconut flakes in a baking dish or on a lined baking sheet. Toast in the oven until golden, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
Open the coconut milk from the bottom side of the can and drain the clear milk; reserve. Place the solid coconut fat into a chilled stainless steel bowl. Add 1 teaspoon sugar and vanilla bean seeds. Whip with a beater or whisk until light and airy, adding reserved coconut milk if necessary to thin. Refrigerate until needed.
Place coconut milk beverage, 5 tablespoons coconut fat, remaining sugar, chia seeds, espresso, wine, maca powder and cocoa powder in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
Divide half the pudding between 8 glass flutes or dishes. Divide half the whipped coconut between the dishes. Top each dish with remaining pudding and then the remaining whipped coconut. Garnish with a dusting of cocoa powder, shaved chocolate and coconut flakes.
The parfaits may be assembled ahead of time and kept refrigerated. Garnish with cocoa powder, shaved chocolate and coconut flakes just before serving.