- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 pound ground dark meat turkey
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 to 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Splash of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slices Jack cheese (optional)
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 ounces guacamole (optional)
Heat oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until golden, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic during the last minute of cooking.
Preheat grill to high heat.
In a bowl, combine onion mixture, turkey, thyme, oregano, mustard, egg, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and form into patties about 3/4-inch-thick. Let rest 10 minutes.
Lightly brush or spray burgers with oil. Cook on the grill until a thermometer inserted into the center of a patty reads 165° F, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Melt cheese onto burgers during the last minute of grilling. Toast buns off to the side of the grill.
Place a burger on each bun and top with guacamole.