- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sweet or smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon harissa, or to taste (optional)
- 1 cup sliced roasted peppers, plus additional for topping
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 naan bread
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 eggs
- Handful of fresh parsley leaves
Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic, paprika, thyme and harissa; cook for 2 to 3 additional minutes.
Add peppers and tomatoes with their juices, stirring to blend. Simmer, uncovered, until thickened, about 15 minutes. Purée to desired texture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide sauce among naan bread. Top with cheese and additional peppers. Crack an egg into the center of each pizza.
To grill: Preheat grill to medium heat. Place on the grill and close the cover. Cook until preferred doneness of egg, 7 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley leaves and serve immediately.
To bake: Preheat oven to 500° F. Bake until preferred doneness of egg, 7 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley leaves and serve immediately.