- 2 pounds prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons high-heat oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Metal or bamboo skewers (see note)
- 4 to 6 firm-ripe nectarines, pitted and thickly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Toss prawns with oil, orange juice, lemon zest, basil and garlic. Marinate for 20 minutes while preheating the grill to medium-high heat.
Thread prawns and nectarines on skewers; season with salt and pepper.
Grill until prawns are opaque, about 5 minutes per side. Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed, and serve at room temperature.
If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling.