- 2 pounds prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons high-heat oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Metal or bamboo skewers (see note)
- 4 to 6 firm-ripe nectarines, pitted and thickly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Toss prawns with oil, orange juice, lemon zest, basil and garlic. Marinate for 20 minutes while preheating the grill to medium-high heat.
Thread prawns and nectarines on skewers; season with salt and pepper.
Grill until prawns are opaque, about 5 minutes per side. Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed, and serve at room temperature.
If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member