- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 1 carrot
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- 1 jalapeño or other spicy chile, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup cashews, chopped (optional)
In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, tamari, chili sauce and oils. Pour 1/4 of the sauce over steak and turn to coat; reserve remaining sauce. Let steak marinate for 30 minutes.
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Cook steak for 3 to 6 minutes per side, depending on desired doneness. Remove from the heat and let rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain. Toss slices with remaining sauce.
Thinly slice carrot lengthwise with a vegetable peeler. In a large bowl, gently toss together carrots, steak, greens, cabbage, cucumbers, mint, basil, chiles and cashews.