- 16 ounces tempeh, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons tamari
- 4 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Vegetables: choose a variety of seasonal vegetables like leeks, broccoli, carrots, dark green vegetables, green beans, onion, cauliflower, etc., chopped
In a skillet combine the tempeh with all of the sauce ingredients (everything but the salt, lime juice and vegetables) over medium-high heat. Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Add salt and lime juice, adjusting to taste. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the chopped seasonal vegetables.
Serve with cooked quinoa or other whole grains.
You can make the sauce without the tempeh and serve it with steamed salmon, or substitute the tempeh for chicken.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member