- 2 tablespoons minced lemongrass
- 3 slices galangal
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 3 tablespoons high-heat oil
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut milk, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground peanuts
- 1/4 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded lime leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded red bell peppers
Place lemongrass, galangal and lime zest in a mortar and pestle or food processor; process into a fine paste. Add coriander, cumin and red curry paste and blend.
In a wok or large sauté pan, pan-fry curry paste mixture with oil over medium heat until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut milk and let cook until oil is separated and curry is fragrant. Add beef and stir until cooked, 2 to 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup coconut milk or as needed to make the sauce. Add sugar, peanuts and fish sauce; stir well.
Place on a plate and garnish with 2 tablespoons coconut milk, lime leaves and red bell peppers.