- 2 tablespoons canola, sunflower or peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ripe plums (your favorite variety), pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine (medium dry)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon hot chile sesame oil (optional)
Heat the oil in a sauté pan or wok over medium heat and add the ginger and garlic. Stir fry for about 30 seconds. Turn up the heat to medium-high and add the peppers, plums and green onions. Cook for about 2 minutes more until the plums are crisp tender and the onions are jade green.
Stir in the cooking sauce and bring to a simmer, stirring gently, until the sauce thickens slightly and is bubbly. Serve immediately over grilled or roasted chicken, fish or steamed rice.
For cooking sauce
Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well again, right before adding to the sauce.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member