- 1 1/2 cups diced plums or pluots
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chèvre cheese, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 prepared double pie crust
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water, for egg wash
- Coarse sugar, for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a bowl, combine plums, sugar, cornstarch, zest and juice; set aside. In a separate bowl, mix together chèvre and basil.
Roll out pie crust on a lightly floured surface until 1/8-inch-thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut out as many 5- to 6-inch rounds as you can. Re-roll dough scraps and cut out more rounds.
Place 1 teaspoon chèvre in the center of each round. Top with a generous tablespoon of plum filling, making sure to leave a 1/2-inch border. Brush border with egg wash and fold dough over to enclose filling. Press tightly shut with fingers, then crimp edges with a fork to seal.
Transfer pies to the prepared baking sheet, brush tops with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Cut a small vent in the top of each pie. Bake until crust is golden and filling is bubbling from vent, about 20 minutes. Cool for a few minutes before serving.