- 1 ripe avocado – pitted, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar, or to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 trimmed heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup cooked fresh or canned corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped or 1/2 cup sliced pickled peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- Corn chips, for serving
Combine avocado, sour cream, lime juice, oil, sugar and garlic in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth, adding a little water, if needed, to blend. Fold in cilantro and season to taste with salt and pepper.
On a large serving platter, combine lettuce, beans, corn, tomatoes, peppers and olives. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and serve with chips around the edge of the platter.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member