- 1 tablespoon high-heat oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup shredded summer squash
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until golden, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Let cool slightly.
In a large bowl, beat eggs until uniform in color. Fold in onion mixture, squash, cheese, herbs, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cups.
Bake until set and golden on top, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool in the pan for10 minutes, and then carefully remove paper liners. Cool completely, then refrigerate until ready to serve.