- 3 red or golden beets
- 1 baguette, sliced on the diagonal
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 orange, zested (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 ounces chèvre cheese, at room temperature
Preheat oven to 425° F. Wrap beets in foil and place on a baking sheet. Roast until tender, 40 to 60 minutes. Cool and peel off skins; cut beets into small cubes. Brush baguette slices with oil and place on a baking sheet. Toast until golden brown, flipping half way through, about 7 minutes.
In a small bowl, toss together beets, blueberries, 2 teaspoons oil, vinegar, chives, orange zest, salt and pepper. Right before serving, spread toasts with cheese and top with a spoonful of beet-blueberry mixture.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member