- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced shallots
- 2 cups diced eggplant
- 2 cups diced yellow squash
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 pounds tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepared polenta or crusty bread, for serving (optional)
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in eggplant, squash, zucchini, peppers, garlic and oregano; cook for 5 minutes. Pour in wine and simmer, stirring occasionally, until wine is reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
Reduce heat to low and add tomatoes and beans. Simmer gently until juices have thickened and vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in basil, parsley, salt and pepper. Serve over polenta or with crusty bread.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member