- 1 pound ahi tuna fillet
- 18 large or medium prawns
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs in your favorite combination (basil, dill, oregano, parsley, chervil, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cut the tuna into 3/4-inch cubes and place in a bowl. With kitchen shears, cut down the back of prawns and remove the vein. Leave the tails and shells on. Place in a small bowl.
Combine the rest of the ingredients and divide between the tuna and prawns. Toss to coat. (If you are going to include other ingredients on your grill, double the marinade mixture and use it to season those as well.) Let the tuna and shrimp marinate for 1 hour.
Skewer 3 cubes each of the tuna on small skewers. Do the same with the prawns. (If you are using wooden skewers, soak them for about 30 minutes to prevent burning.)
Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to high and grill the skewers, turning occasionally, until the tuna is seared on all sides and the prawns are opaque through.
Serve the skewers with your choice of PCC Deli spreads, Firefly Kitchens Kimchi or Kraut and cheese from Willapa Hills!
Other ideas for grilling alongside your skewers (see note)
Other ideas for grilling alongside your skewers
- Whole green onions
- Blanched new potatoes (threaded on skewers)
- Miniature sweet peppers
- Artisanal bread, sliced and brushed with olive oil
- Corn on the cob
These are the items we showed on Gardening with Ciscoe. Feel free to use your imagination!