- Four 5-ounce cans solid albacore tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup Castelvetrano, Cerignola, Picholine or any buttery green olives, pitted and cut into slivers
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 teaspoon gray salt
- 1 pound dried spaghetti or 1 1/2 pounds fresh
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or to taste
- Fresh parsley and basil for garnish
In a medium bowl, add tuna, olive oil, lemon zest, olives, capers and salt. Gently toss together, breaking up the tuna into large chunks. Let it marinate for at least an hour or two. Stir occasionally.
Cook the spaghetti very al dente. Meanwhile, slowly warm the tuna in a large sauté pan. Add the cooked pasta and lemon juice. Toss for about a minute.
Add chopped parsley and basil and serve.