- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup stout beer
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- High-heat oil, for grilling
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns or brioche rolls
- Lettuce leaves, sliced tomatoes and pickles, for topping
Heat grill to medium-high heat.
Combine beef, beer, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl. Divide into 4 equal portions and form into patties about 3/4-inch thick. Lightly brush the hamburgers on both sides with oil.
Grill hamburgers on the preheated grill until a thermometer inserted into the center of each patty reads 155° F, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Top the burgers with cheese during the last minute of grilling. Toast the buns off to the side of the grill.
Serve burgers on toasted buns with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles or your favorite condiments.