- 6 cups peeled, seeded and cubed butternut squash (1-inch cubes from about a 2-pound squash)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup green lentils
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup soft crumbled goat or sheep's milk cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced mint leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, plus additional to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Toss squash cubes with 2 tablespoons oil, cumin, paprika and salt. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Flip pieces and roast for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until tender. Cool.
Meanwhile, soak lentils for 10 minutes in a small bowl, then drain. Cook lentils in boiling, salted water until tender but firm, about 30 minutes. Rinse with cold water and then drain and cool.
Combine lentils and squash with arugula, 1/2 cup goat cheese, mint, vinegar and 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper and extra vinegar, if desired. Divide among plates and pass with remaining goat cheese to sprinkle.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member