- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cups cubed butternut squash (about 20 ounces)
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 to 4 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, to garnish
- Toasted pumpkin seeds, to garnish
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook onions until soft and golden, about 10 minutes. Add squash and apples and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Stir in garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
Cover with coconut milk and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
Let soup cool slightly, then carefully puree. Reheat and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot sprinkled with cilantro and pumpkin seeds.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member