- 1 pound raw, large shrimp - washed, deveined and tails removed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (1 to 2 limes)
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red chile powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 skewers, at least 8 inches long
- Toasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
Put shrimp in a glass container and pour lime juice over the top. Add garlic and mix together. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or up to 8 hours.
Preheat grill to medium-high.
Mix chile powder, paprika and sea salt together on a plate. Take shrimp, one by one, and pat into chile powder mixture to coat each side. Skewer each chile-coated shrimp; you should be able to fit 4 to 6 shrimp on each skewer.
Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side. When shrimp are firm and have changed color, they are done. Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds, if desired.