- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed, divided
- 4 (4- to 6-ounce) sole fillets, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander, divided
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa, divided
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano, divided
Preheat oven to 425° F. Cut 4 (18- by 13-inch) pieces of parchment. Fold each piece in half and cut out a large heart shape.
Place 1/4 cup black beans and 1 tablespoon corn on one side of a parchment paper heart. Lay 1 fish fillet on top of the beans and corn, sprinkle with salt, pepper, 1/4 teaspoon cumin and 1/4 teaspoon coriander, and drizzle with a little oil. Top with 1/8 cup salsa and 1 teaspoon oregano.
Repeat with remaining ingredients and parchment hearts.
Beginning at the top of each heart, make small overlapping folds, picking up both sides of the paper. Crease the folds well and make sure each new fold overlaps the previous fold. Twist the tail end under to seal.
Transfer packets to a baking sheet. Bake until fish is cooked through, the packets are puffed and starting to color, 12 to 14 minutes.
Transfer packets to serving plates and use scissors to cut a small X in the top of each packet. Tear open carefully (the packets will release steam).