- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup crumbled pork or turkey chorizo (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can great Northern beans, drained
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice, or to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Tortilla chips, for serving
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions, peppers and chorizo; cook until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cumin; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add beans and cover with broth; bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
Remove 2 cups soup and carefully puree. Return to the pot and stir in corn, salsa, cilantro and lime juice; heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with tortilla chips.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member