- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey, or to taste
- 1 1/3 cups blueberries, divided
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Combine quinoa, broth and a pinch of salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook until all liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff grains with a fork; set aside to cool.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Cook shallots and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
Combine shallot-garlic mixture, remaining oil, vinegar, syrup or honey and 1/3 cup blueberries in a blender; blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, gently toss together quinoa, remaining blueberries, arugula, corn, feta and basil. Drizzle with dressing before serving.