- 4 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk or half-and-half, as needed
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon, plus additional to garnish
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into 1/3-inch-thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon minced red onions
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
Combine salmon, cream cheese, milk and lemon zest in a food processor. Process until creamy, scraping down the sides as necessary. Add more milk if necessary to achieve the desired texture for piping. Season with salt and pepper and stir in tarragon.
Pipe or dollop about 1 tablespoon salmon mousse onto each cucumber round. Garnish with capers, red onions and tarragon.