- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 baguette, thinly sliced into rounds
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 pound pork pâté, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
Place carrots in a heat-proof bowl. Combine water, vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt and red pepper flakes in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, while stirring, and then reduce to a simmer for 2 minutes.
Pour pickling liquid over vegetables. Marinate for at least 30 minutes, or cover and refrigerate overnight. Drain well before using.
Spread each slice of bread with mayonnaise. Arrange pâté slices on half the bread slices. Top pâté with shredded carrots and cilantro leaves, then top with remaining bread slices, mayonnaise-side down.