- 1 pound skirt steak
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, minced (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
Place steak in a shallow bowl or dish and rub with 2 tablespoons lemon juice, coriander, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
Combine remaining lemon juice, garlic, shallots, jalapeños, parsley and cilantro in a bowl. Whisk in olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
Heat a skillet, grill or grill pan over high heat. Cook steak for 3 to 6 minutes per side, depending on desired doneness. Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain. Serve with reserved sauce.