- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (26-ounce) jar prepared marinara sauce
- 1 (8-pack) package brioche or potato sliders, halved
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
In a bowl, combine beef, breadcrumbs, onions, Parmesan, garlic, egg, parsley, salt and pepper. Shape into 1-inch meatballs. Add meatballs to marinara sauce and simmer until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
Preheat broiler with a rack 6-inches from the element.
Place bottom halves of sliders on a baking sheet. Top with 3 meatballs and sprinkle with cheese. Broil until cheese is melted. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and top with remaining sliders. Broil an additional 2 minutes, to heat bread through. Serve immediately.
Instead of making your own meatballs, substitute prepared turkey or vegetarian meatballs. Heat through, according to package directions.