- 1 pound fettuccine or linguini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 cups green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup Anaheim chile, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, minced (6 sprigs)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 14.5 ounce can dice tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup black beans, cooked and rinsed
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- Salt (optional)
Cook pasta until al denté, drain, refresh under cold water and reserve.
Heat oil in a non-stick pan over moderate heat. Add onion, green pepper and chile pepper; sauté for 2 to 3 minutes stirring frequently. Add garlic, spices, tomato, black beans and corn; sauté for another 2 to 3 minutes. Add cooked pasta and cilantro; sauté for one more minute until pasta and vegetables are heated through.
Squeeze lime over pasta and season to taste with salt if desired.