- 2 tablespoons high-heat oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 8 ounces paneer cheese, cut into strips
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, or to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped cilantro, for serving
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; add cumin and cook for 30 seconds. Add onions and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in ginger, garlic, paprika, garam masala, chili powder and turmeric; cook for 1 to 2 minutes adding a splash of water, if needed.
Add peppers to onion-spice mixture and cook for about 5 minutes. Gently stir in cheese, tomatoes, lemon juice, salt and pepper; simmer until soft but not mushy, 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member