- 1 pound asparagus, tough stems removed and stalks cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (see note)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges, for serving
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Toss asparagus and beans with olive oil, cumin, coriander, paprika, salt and pepper. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until asparagus is tender and beans are crispy, about 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
Prepare avocado cream by combining avocado, sour cream or yogurt, lime juice, salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until smooth (or mash by hand).
Divide asparagus and beans between warm corn tortillas. Top with avocado cream, sliced red onions and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
For an extra kick to your tacos, try making Pickled Red Onions.