Use as much or as little of the following greens
- Chard, torn like lettuce with sliced stems
- Escarole, torn
- Frisee, torn
- Spinach leaves, torn
- Sliced nappa and red cabbage, thinly sliced
- Carrots, grated
- Red and daikon radish, thinly sliced
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red or white wine vinegar
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Start with this recipe as a foundation, and combine different salad oils, vinegars and herbs to create your own combination.
Combine ingredients in a cruet or a corked bottle and shake vigorously. Or, combine using a blender, which keeps the oil and vinegar mixed together longer.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member