- 8 medium zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 10 threads of saffron
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large sheets parchment paper (16 by 24 inches)
- 1 bunch sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Preheat oven to 425º F.
In a large container, combine zucchini, salt, red pepper flakes, garlic, ginger, saffron and olive oil; mix well.
Lay parchment paper onto 2 baking sheets. Distribute zucchini equally on each paper. Place them so they’re on one-half of each paper. Sprinkle green onions onto both sets of zucchini. Fold paper over, forming an envelope, and crimp the open ends of the envelope by making tight folds on the edges. Place baking sheets into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
To serve, cut open the envelopes (caution: steam from inside the envelope can cause skin burns), place zucchini on a serving platter, garnish with cilantro and serve.