- 2 egg whites, beaten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into 3- by 1/2-inch sticks
- Cooking oil spray
- Ketchup or marinara sauce, for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place egg whites in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, oregano and garlic powder in a resealable plastic bag; shake well.
Working with a few at a time, dip zucchini sticks in egg whites to cover. Place in the plastic bag and gently shake to cover with breadcrumb mixture. Place breaded zucchini in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking oil. Repeat with remaining zucchini sticks.
Bake until golden and crispy, 20 to 25 minutes, flipping halfway through baking. Serve hot with ketchup or marinara sauce.