- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider or rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup julienned daikon radish (optional)
- 1 baguette
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 pound sliced roast beef
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Combine water, vinegar, sugar, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in carrots and radishes. Set aside and marinate for at least 30 minutes or store in the refrigerator overnight.
Slice baguette lengthwise and lightly toast. Spread with mayonnaise and top with roast beef. Partially drain carrot and radish mixture and spread on top of roast beef. Top with cucumbers and jalapeños and sprinkle with cilantro. Cut baguette into four pieces.