- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 1 (5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1/2 cup diced yams or sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooked rice, for serving (optional)
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, cover and bring to a boil. Add more water if necessary.
Stir well, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until lentils and sweet potatoes are soft. Serve over rice.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member