- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 2 to 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas, sliced
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- Fresh chopped basil, to taste (optional)
- 1 bunch watercress, chopped
- 1 bunch arugula, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Rinse quinoa very thoroughly in water, then drain. Place broth and quinoa in a small saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let quinoa sit for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove quinoa to a salad bowl and let cool completely.
Place all vegetables in the salad bowl. In a small bowl, mix together lemon or lime juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss and serve.