- 2 tablespoons high-heat cooking oil
- 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, cut into very thin strips
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 2 or 3 potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 to 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, cooked
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Heat a 1 1/2-quart skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, and stir in ginger, cumin and mustard seeds. When seeds pop, add potatoes and cauliflower, stirring for several minutes to brown slightly. Next, add turmeric, coriander, curry, sugar and salt. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes longer.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Combine tomato paste and coconut milk; add to vegetables along with garbanzo beans. Simmer until vegetables are fork-tender, then add cilantro.
Serve over rice, with chapatis.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member