- 1/4 pineapple
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped into 1 1/2-inch squares
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped into 1 1/2-inch squares
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped into 1 1/2-inch squares
- 1/2 (10-ounce) bottle Polynesian dipping sauce
Preheat grill to 375˚F. Trim rough skin from pineapple, remove core and slice into 1/2-inch rings. Grill rings on both sides until marked, about 2 minutes per side. Chop into 1 1/2-inch squares when cooled.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Grill or roast over medium heat. For best results, cook until only half done, 10 to 15 minutes. This will make it easier to dice while still leaving it moist. Let rest for a few minutes and then dice into 3/4-inch pieces.
Add oil to a large pan or wide, shallow pot. Over medium heat, cook ginger, onions and peppers for 2 to 3 minutes, leaving vegetables fairly crisp.
Add pineapple and chicken and continue to cook until chicken is fully cooked and lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Internal temperature of chicken should reach 165˚F.
Add Polynesian sauce and bring to a low simmer until heated through.
Serve with your favorite rice.