- 1/2 cup high-heat oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 serrano chile peppers, minced (optional)
- 1 package tempeh, sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped green olives
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 corn tortillas, slightly heated
- Cilantro, avocado, shredded cabbage, tomato, lime juice, sour cream (optional)
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, chiles and tempeh. Pan-fry, turning over with a spatula until tempeh starts to brown.
Add onions and cook until soft and tempeh breaks up. Add chili powder, cumin, olives, tamari, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper.
Place a scoop of tempeh on each tortilla and add your favorite taco toppings.