- 3 kiwis, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound white fish fillets (halibut, cod or rockfish), skin and bones removed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon neutral-flavored oil
- 8 (4-inch) flour, whole wheat or corn tortillas
- 1 cup sliced cabbage or salad greens
To prepare the salsa:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix; let sit while preparing the fish.
To prepare the fish:
Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Rinse fish and pat dry. Slice into 2-inch long pieces and place in a shallow dish. Pour beaten egg over the top and gently mix to coat, making sure each fish piece gets covered in a little bit of egg.
Combine breadcrumbs, salt, oregano, cumin and oil in a resealable plastic bag. Add egg-coated fish, seal and shake until well coated. Place fish on the prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Wrap tortillas in foil and put them in the oven during the last 4 minutes of baking.
Assemble tacos with fish, salsa, cabbage or salad greens. Feel free to add any other favorite taco toppings!
This is a fun, hands-on meal that kids can help prepare. Let them coat the fish with the egg and breadcrumb mixture (shaking the bag is super fun!) and assemble the tacos. Kids can suggest their favorite vegetables (such as shredded carrots, sliced cucumbers or spinach) for additional toppings.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member