- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/4 pounds frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 3 cups canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup shredded fresh basil
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Peel and cube butternut squash. Toss with 1 teaspoon oil, savory, salt and pepper. Place in a single layer on sheet pan and roast in oven until soft and nicely browned, about 20 minutes. Cool completely.
Mix together white wine vinegar, garlic and remaining oil until dressing is blended.
Toss corn, beans, cabbage and basil with dressing and cooled squash.