- 1 cup spelt berries
- 3 cups water
- 2 (14-ounce) cans garbanzo beans
- 1 English cucumber - peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 bunch green onions, diagonally sliced
- 1/3 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or vegan mayonnaise)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Boil spelt berries in water until tender, about 45 minutes. Drain and cool.
In a salad, bowl mix together cooked spelt, garbanzo beans, diced cucumbers, green peppers, celery, carrots, red onions, green onions and chopped parsley.
Mix together mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, dill, salt, basil and garlic; pour over salad, mixing well.