- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 to 4 golden beets
- 3 carrots, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 1 cucumber - peeled, seeded and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
To make dressing, combine olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
Scrub beets clean and place in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover with a loose-fitting lid and cook until easily pierced with a knife, about 30 minutes. Allow beets to cool slightly then slip off skins under cool running water. Remove root and stem ends and cut into 1-inch wedges.
Place carrots in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover with a loose-fitting lid and cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and cool.
Toss dressing, beets, carrots, cucumbers and cilantro together in a bowl.