- 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts (3 to 4 pounds total)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons high-heat oil, divided
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh tarragon
Preheat oven to 400° F. Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Allow chicken to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, skin side down, until golden brown, 5 to 8 minutes. Turn chicken over, transfer the skillet to the oven, and roast until the internal temperature has reached 165° F, 25 to 30 minutes longer.
Meanwhile, toss carrots, honey and remaining 2 tablespoons oil on a large rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with pistachios and roast for 5 additional minutes, or until carrots are tender. (You can add carrots to the oven while chicken is roasting.) Remove from the oven and loosely tent with foil.
While chicken and carrots are roasting, mix together yogurt and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Transfer chicken to a large plate. Add carrots, shallots and tarragon to the hot skillet and toss to coat in pan drippings. Serve with lemon yogurt.