- 3 pounds beets, rinsed and scrubbed
- 6 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons basil oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
Boil or steam beets for 20 to 30 minutes, or until tender. A knife should easily slide through beets when fully cooked. Slip skins off hot beets under cold, running water. (Use gloves if you don’t want the beet juice to stain your hands.) Cut off root and stem ends. Cool in the refrigerator.
Mix together vinegar, ginger, garlic, basil oil and olive oil until dressing is blended.
Cut cooled, peeled beets into 1-inch wedges, preserving their round shape. Toss with dressing. Garnish with fresh mint.