- Yields: 4 quarts
- Ingredient Notes: Corn-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free, Soy-free, Tree nut-free
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 ribs celery, diced
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 10 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound cooked chicken meat, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 cups cooked basmati rice
Heat oil in a soup pot, over medium heat. Add onions, celery and carrots. Sauté vegetables until soft, about 8 minutes.
Add stock, chicken, sage, thyme, turmeric, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce temperature to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Add cooked rice and heat through.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member