- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 ounces ground beef substitute
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 cup fresh corn, cut from the cob (or substitute frozen)
- 2 cups salsa verde (green salsa)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Heat oil in a large, heavy pot over medium heat. Sauté onions, red peppers, jalapeño and garlic for 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in chili powder and cumin and cook for 1 minute. Add beef substitute and remaining ingredients, except cilantro. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, stirring often, for about 20 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
Serve garnished with grated jack cheese and sour cream if you like!
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member