- Serves: 4
- Ingredient Notes: Vegetarian, Corn-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free, Soy-free, Tree nut-free
- 2 bunches kale, stems removed, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons red sauerkraut or quick pickled red cabbage (see note)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- Pepper to taste
In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients and massage with your hands until the kale has started to break down and soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
Adjust seasonings according to your taste.
For quick pickled red cabbage: Combine 2 tablespoons red cabbage with 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member