- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 (14-ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cubed melon, such as Charentais or Galia
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fennel bulbs
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
In a small bowl, whisk together mustard and vinegar. Slowly drizzle in oil, while whisking, to create an emulsified vinaigrette. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, mix together beans, melon and fennel. Gently toss with dressing. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to let flavors meld. Serve cold or at room temperature, sprinkled with feta and basil.